Grifols: Experienced Assistant Manager, Denver, CO
Location: Denver, CO
Job Type: Full-Time
We’re Grifols, a $3 billion plasma manufacturer headquartered in Barcelona, Spain. Founded in 1940 with 11,000 employees worldwide, we’re the largest manufacturer of plasma-derived therapies in Europe and the third largest in the United States. We serve healthcare professionals and patients in over 90 countries, have an unmatched record of product safety, and are the largest plasmapheresis company in the world.
We are seeking an Experienced Assistant Manager for our new Denver, CO Plasma Center.
• Responsible for all aspects of the donor center when the Center Manager is not present
• Creates appropriate organizational environment and value systems which stimulate the morale and productivity of the work force and its leadership
• Collaborates with Training and Quality staff to ensure that training and quality goals are met
• Coaches and leads through effective feedback to employees through the Operations Supervisor(s)
• Monitors and evaluates operations
• Works with the Center Manager to develop action plans to maximize center efficiency and supervises the implementation of improvements
• Makes critical decisions for the modifications of action plans
• Responsible for all personnel functions including hiring, assignment and direction of work, development and training, disciplinary actions and termination and the maintenance of all personnel records
• Directs the training activities of production employees through the Training Coordinator
• Partners with the center manager in budget preparation and oversees facility to achieve production targets and quality goals at the agreed-upon cost structure
• Review and approve employee schedules to accommodate donor cycles
• Actively delegates, monitors and holds responsible the operations supervisors for their performance
• Directs and supervises employees
• Determine the adequacy and adjust inventory levels of all goods and supplies necessary of the operation of the donor center
• Compile and submit orders to vendors to meet determined inventory levels
• Assure center employees maintain the facility in a neat and clean condition and all equipment is kept in good working order
• Responsible for freezer management, including overseeing plasma shipments and equipment failures
• Required to answer all freezer alarms and deal with them appropriately
• Construct and submit timely and accurate reports on a daily/weekly/monthly or as required basis
• Develop and implement active donor recruitment advertising campaigns to improve production levels
• Maintains thorough familiarity and ensures compliance with state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedures, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), and Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP)
• Direct key personnel in donor selection, plasma collection and all manufacturing records to maintain the highest production standards in accordance with state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and DruAdministration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedures, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), and Current Good Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer satisfaction with the center to support long-term donation
• Control center donor funds and ensure that all financial records are accurate and in order
• Keep Center Manager informed of any irregularities within the center and provide action plans to improve and correct center deficiencies
• Minimize center liability through constant risk management review
• Investigates all unsafe situations and Situations/complaints
• Develops and implements required corrective actions
• Directs and monitors the performance of outside vendors
• Review and monitor special projects for accuracy and timely completion
• Works with the Center Manager in implementing the donor center\’s mission into the community
• Performs other duties as required
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Science, Business, Nursing, Finance, or related field
• ExperienceTypically requires 2 years of related experience in clinical or general business experience
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Experience in a medical and/or cGMP regulated environment preferred
• Experience with plasma or whole blood preferred
An experienced Assistant Manager with a strong desire for success, excellent customer service skills, self-sufficient and marketing experience highly preferred.
Developing command of leadership, organizational, customer service, interpersonal communication, and computer abilities. Ability to understand and assess FDA regulations. Ability to maintain adequate levels of plasma collection and adhere to quality standards. Ability to motivate staff to achieve established goals and standards.
Occupational Demands: Work is performed in an office and/or a laboratory/manufacturing environment. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below 32 degrees, miscellaneous production chemicals, moving machinery and production equipment. Exposure to high levels of noise on production floor. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 35 lbs. Frequently drives to site locations with occasional travel within the United States.Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues. Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues.
Please click on the following link to apply now. Grifols is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we look forward to hearing from you.
The Grifols Recruitment Team
To apply online, please click here.
An equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.
Please reference BioTechPharmJobs.com when responding.