Job Title: Work Case Manager – RN
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job Type: Full-Time
We’re Grifols, an international plasma manufacturer headquartered in Barcelona, Spain. We serve healthcare professionals and patients in over 90 countries, have an unmatched record of product safety, and are the largest plasmapheresis company in the world. We offer full healthcare benefits, tuition reimbursement, and some of our Academy courses even count for college credit!
• The Return to Work Case Manager RN will serve as lead in managing all workers compensation cases and the ADA interactive process
• The RTW Case Manager RN will respond to on site emergencies and will be the lead in determining treatment needs
• The RN should work to stay abreast of current changes in the field of occupational health by attending regular meeting hosted by a professional organization in their local area
• The RN is expected to make regular rounds through the manufacturing, plasma and support areas of plant as part to maintain or increase awareness of the respective areas
• Will coordinate arrangements for emergency transportation and the appropriate medical referrals after initial treatment is rendered
• Responsible for assessment and coordination of medical care related to worker’s compensation injuries; manages all accepted, routine loss time claims
• Works closely with adjusters, medical providers, managers to ensure coordination of appropriate care to medically rehabilitate individuals injured on the job and assist with return to work goals
• Determine individual’s fitness to return to duty
• Evaluate return to work concerns from a physical capability and biological risk to human or product stand point
• Work with management team to create an effective light duty return to work plan when practical
• Develops case management plan through assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient’s progress
• Evaluates patient’s treatment plan for appropriateness and devises cost effective strategies for medical care
• Maintains confidentiality of injured worker\’s medical, disability, and demographic information
• Create medical records including: Employee Medical Files, Industrial Hygiene Monitoring Records, Workers Compensation carrier forms, disability records, medical surveillance records and logs and return to work notes
• Conducts medical accommodation determinations for employees needing consideration in accordance with the Americans with Disability Act
• Coordinates the interactive process that includes management, human resources business partner and on occasion legal and employee relations
• May provide occupational health services to plasma center locations throughout the US
• Perform telephonic triage of injury events to determine the level of care needed for the injured worker
• May provide nursing care for occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses via the following methods: symptomatic treatment, medical assessment, first aid, emergency transport, medical referrals, and appropriate follow-up and rehabilitation
• Serve as a rotating on call staff member for all Grifols US based operations
• Builds strong relationship with Staff Nurse RN to integrate delivery of medical services to employees
The Return to Work Case Manager RN reports directly to the Clinical Nursing Supervisor.
The RTW Case Manager RN consults with the national medical consultant physician, but is expected to make decisions based upon a combination of written directives, legal requirements, precedent, and previous experience. The RN is regularly in contact with physicians who are providing non-occupational and occupational medical care and rehabilitation for employees. During these discussions the RN must know the employee’s job, discuss work restrictions with the attending physician, and reach consensus with the physician about job placement. This often requires restrictions of work. These dialogues are sensitive and very important to the operation of the facility
Work is performed in an office and a clinical environment. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear and gloves. Exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 4-6 hours per day. Frequent repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Color perception/discrimination required. Occasionally walks. Often performs duties standing. Frequently bends and twists neck and waist. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 35lbs. Frequently drives to other facilities. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Works with little need for guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions from management. Performs a wide range of tasks with little predictability of occurrence. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues.
• Position requires graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science or Associate Degree in nursing program
• State licensure is also required
• A minimum of 3 years of related experience in worker’s compensation case management, Occupational Health Nursing, medical assessment, emergency medical care, clinic work, and/or public health nursing
• Incumbent must be licensed to practice nursing in the state of North Carolina/California (dependent on location)
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of the ADAA and the processes and procedures involved in the interactive process
• Certification via the American Board of Occupational Health Nursing COHN-S OR COHN is preferred
• Certification in case management or related specialty is preferred
• Incumbent knowledge should include an overall understanding of occupational health
• Training in CPR, emergency first aid, immunology, ergonomics, and experience with industrial hygiene monitoring
For More Information
There’s much more learn about us, of course, and you can find additional information on our www.grifolsusa.com website. There’s so much to share with you in the recruitment process, and we hope you’re as excited as we are about Grifols Plasma Operation’s potential to save lives and grow careers. Thank you for considering Grifols as your employer of choice.
Please click on the following link to apply now. Grifols is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we look forward to hearing from you.
The Grifols Recruitment Team
To apply online, please click here.
An equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.
Please reference BioTechPharmJobs.com when responding.