Job Title: Donor Processor
Location: El Paso, TX
Job Type: Full-Time
We’re Grifols, an international plasma manufacturer headquartered in Barcelona, Spain. We serve healthcare professionals and patients in over 90 countries, have an unmatched record of product safety, and are the largest plasmapheresis company in the world. We offer full healthcare benefits, tuition reimbursement, and some of our Academy courses even count for college credit!
If you enjoy providing knock-your-socks-off customer service in an environment built around teamwork and trust, then consider furthering your career as a Donor Processor with us and please read on . . .
• Conducts pre-donation medical screening in accordance with established guidelines
• Determines Hematocrit (HCT) and Protein via finger stick and use of the hematastat and refractometer
• Provides appropriate feedback to ineligible donor candidates
• Ensures all donor screening information is complete and accurate prior to donation
• Effectively communicates donor medical information to Medical Staff
• Ensures donor confidentiality
• Establishes and maintains donor files in an organized and efficient manner
• Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer satisfaction with the center to support long-term donation
• Performs general administrative duties, including greeting donors in a friendly manner, answering phones, and assisting center management as needed
• Learns and maintains through familiarity and compliance with all state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedure Manual, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and internal company procedures
• Maintains supplies necessary to perform job duties
• Maintains and ensures proper sanitation and cleaning of equipment and work areas between donors
• Reports all unsafe situations or conditions to area lead, supervisor or manager
• High school diploma, GED, or foreign equivalency required
• Prior knowledge of or experience working with state and federal healthcare regulations a plus
• [OPTIONAL: Bilingual Spanish/Korean/Mandarin skills desirable]
Note that certain state licenses or certifications may apply. In addition, please understand that you’ll be working in a plasma center, which includes exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Personal protective equipment may be required, which will be provided at the company’s expense.
Work is performed in a plasma center. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office and laboratory equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below 32*. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves. Work is performed standing for 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive foot movements, bends and twists neck and waist for 4-6 hours per day. Occasionally walks. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Ability to make precise coordinated movements, of the fingers to grasp and manipulate objects. Light to moderate lifting of 15-30lbs. Heavy lifting of 30-45lbs. for 2-4 hours per day with a maximum lift of 50lbs. May reach above and below shoulder height. Hearing acuity essential. Color perception/discrimination, near vision and far vision correctable in one eye to 20/30 and to 20/100 in the other eye. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Performs simple and repetitive tasks that vary little each day by following a set of written or oral instructions/procedures. Maintains work pace to meet production standards.
And as a Donor Processor at Grifols, you’ll be trained in the areas of state and federal regulations regarding the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), and Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
For More Information
There’s much more learn about us, of course, and you can find additional information on our www.grifolsusa.com website. There’s so much to share with you in the recruitment process, and we hope you’re as excited as we are about Grifols Plasma Operation’s potential to save lives and grow careers. Thank you for considering Grifols as your employer of choice.
Please click on the following link to apply now. Grifols is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we look forward to hearing from you.
The Grifols Recruitment Team
To apply online, please click here.
An equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.
Please reference BioTechPharmJobs.com when responding.