Job Title: Associate Product Manager
Company: Luminex Corporation
Location: Madison, WI
Job Type: Full-Time
The Luminex Corporation seeks a Regulatory Affairs Associate II for its Madison, WI office.
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Global Marketing Patient Care, the Associate Product Manager (APM) will be responsible for assisting with product management activities of the assigned product portfolio. The APM, will support the day-to-day portfolio needs, and the execution of the product line strategies, in line with the strategic and tactical marketing plan in order to meet the yearly revenue and profitability goals.
The Associate Product Manager facilitates the development of molecular diagnostic product initiatives and identifies opportunities to increase customer and business value. The Associate Product Manager partners effectively with other business functions to drive delivery of new products and services to the marketplace.
• As part of the Molecular Diagnostic marketing team, partners with the Regional Marketing teams to execute strategies that drive revenue and share growth, and defend against key competitors. The APM will also work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure internal operational efficiency. A key component of this role will be working closely with customers gathering VOC (voice of the customer) in order to define future product and line extension opportunities
• Work with the Sr Manager to provide overall product management responsibility, including all product lifecycle activities, launch planning and execution, marketing communication content generation, documentation, and pricing activities
• Develop Customer Requirements, Business Cases and associated documentation to support the Design Control process for New Product introduction
• Developing key tactics (campaigns, collaborations) for both the North American and ex-US regions
• Work with Regional Marketing to develop strategy, messaging and support for all assigned tradeshows and conferences
• Coordinate with internal support groups as needed to resolve product performance issues and resulting customer communication efforts
• Working with the Sr. Manager, develop product line strategies for the portfolio with an understanding of the market dynamics, competitive landscape and product positioning
• Supporting the broader Luminex strategic marketing team on assignments or projects as required
• Customer Focus – dedication to the customer and earns their trust and respect
• Learning on the Fly – learns quickly/open to change
• Peer Relationship = cooperative, team player, trusted and supported by peers
• Planning – sets specific goals and objectives, ability to plan for the length and difficulty of assignments, ability to break down projects into specific tasks/steps
• Presentation Skills – effective in all settings such as one-on-ones, with small or large groups, with peers or bosses, etc.
• Priority Setting – focuses on what is most important
• Problem Solving – identifies complex problems and reviews related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
• Written Communications – “effectively communicates in writing
• B.S. degree in biology, microbiology, biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology or related scientific field
• Advanced degree in Business or Marketing preferred
Required Certifications/License/Special Skills:
• Good presentation skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, goal-oriented individual
• Self-starter, enthusiastic and strategic thinker with a bias for actions
• Self-confident and strong work ethic
• Ability to establish good, internal relationships
Required Work Experience:
• 1 year of experience in medical devices, pharmaceutical, healthcare laboratory or related industries required; 3 years’ experience in these industries is preferred
• Technical knowledge of molecular reagents and molecular diagnostic product development, prior experience in molecular diagnostic product development, molecular diagnostic technical support, or molecular diagnostic sales preferred
• Must work onsite at Luminex office at least 80% of the time
• Travel may be required approximately: 20% of the time
• International travel may be required approximately 10% of the time
• Possible exposure to biological or chemical hazard, extensive noise, and/or working with lasers
• Work situations include dealing with people; working alone; making judgments and decisions; and directing, controlling or planning the activity of others
• Lifting/Use of Strength is Light (up to 20 pounds)
• Climbing on the job is required
• Kneeling on the job is required
• Reaching on the job is required
• Stooping on the job is required
• Vision (Color) on the job is required: Occasionally – up to 33% of the time
To apply online, please click here.
An equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.
Please reference BioTechPharmJobs.com when responding.