Job Title: Research Implementation Specialist
Company: Ariadne Labs
Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Temporary
Job Function: General Administration
Department: Health Policy and Management
Salary Grade: 057
Union: 00 – Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
The Ariadne Labs seeks a Research Implementation Specialist for its Boston, MA office. The Implementation Specialist will be a member of Ariadne Labs, a joint center for health systems innovation at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard School of Public Health.
A key member of the BetterBirth project team, the Implementation Specialist will be based in Boston with up to 50% travel to Uttar Pradesh, India and will work directly under the Implementation Program Manager (based at Ariadne’s Boston headquarters). The Implementation Specialist will play a key role in this quality improvement project focusing on reducing infant and maternal mortality.
The position will oversee the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) process and play a key role in other health center quality improvement initiatives related to BetterBirth. The position will be responsible for on-the-ground problem-solving and managing communication with the Boston-based HSPH BetterBirth team, and will take part in day-to-day implementation activities in India, and liaise regularly with Indian partner implementation team.
With supervision from US-based team, the Implementation Specialist will be expected to successfully monitor continuous implementation of childbirth care delivery activities in Uttar Pradesh and communicate findings to the team. He/she will also engage stakeholders (e.g., local and national Indian government, NGOs) in our quality improvement activities.
• Communicate administrative and operational strategy to BetterBirth Implementation Team in Uttar Pradesh
• Report regularly to HSPH team on progress and challenges in the field, and make recommendations for possible solutions
• Provide operational and administrative guidance to implementation coaches and team leaders in the field
• Oversee M&E process for implementation, working closely with Indian partners’ quality assurance team
• Manage on-the-ground problem-solving, and communicate progress, challenges and issues proactively with Implementation Program Manager /HSPH
• Set agenda for weekly implementation conference calls
• Build and steward critical relationships with collaborative partners
Please note: This position is currently grant-funded through April 30, 2015, with a strong likelihood of renewal through April 28, 2015 or beyond.
• Some post-graduate education in public health or related field with 1 to 3 years of experience in public health, global health, quality improvement, or related work
• At least elementary spoken Hindi required
• Demonstrated experience in quality improvement work and/or M&E
• Master’s degree in public health or project-related clinical field preferred
• Fluency in spoken and written Hindi strongly preferred. Demonstrated ability to work independently and solve problems proactively
• Willingness and capacity to spend extended periods in Uttar Pradesh, India
• Must be able to deal effectively with multiple constituencies and cultural diversity
• Must be able to evaluate problems thoroughly, show resourcefulness in identifying solutions, and display sound judgment
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, develop, and inspire colleagues and collaborators desired
• Successful candidate should demonstrate capacity to navigate a complex environment and respond to shifting and fluid priorities
• Prior international work experience a plus.
• Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
• 3 – 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
• We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
• University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program:
• Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
• Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
• Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join HSPH to support our mission of health research & education and be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Pre-Employment Screening Identity
To apply online, please click here.
An equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.
Please reference BioTechPharmJobs.com when responding.