Job Title: Sr. Tech Manager
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Recruiting Firm: Q Analysts
Q Analysts is looking for an Sr. Tech Manager for one of its client’s located in South San Francisco, CA.
The purpose of this position is to provide quality oversight and expertise for the selection, implementation and management of manufacture of small molecule API and Drug Product at contract manufacturing organizations.
• Build strong relationships with both internal operations units and external CMOs and partners.
• Participate in due diligence visits to assess CMO’s Quality Systems for processing of investigational / commercial medicinal products.
• Negotiate and maintain Quality Agreements with selected CMOs and ensure the requirements of the Quality Agreement are fulfilled. Ensure product-specific requirements are met.
• Ensure that manufacture and testing of clinical supplies of the client’s small molecule & ADC products at contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) is conducted in accordance with cGMP.
• Follow up on any corrective actions identified as a result of the client’s audits.
• Write and execute CMO facility/process GMP commissioning plans to ensure all quality requirements are met prior to manufacturing.
• Review and approve master batch records for compliance to clinical trial protocols, regulatory filings, pertinent product requirements and cGMP compliance.
• Perform person-in-the-plant activities as required during GMP manufacturing.
• Review batch records and assess deviations and investigations.
• Review CMC sections of regulatory filings.
• Participate in the design, implementation and maintenance of quality systems for small molecules for execution of the above functions.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Quality Assurance and manufacturing principles.
• Sound knowledge of US cGMPs and an ability to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in order to evaluate product release is necessary.
• Working knowledge of worldwide cGMP regulations desired.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and negotiation skills.
• At least 5 to 10 years relevant pharmaceutical experience with small molecules, experience in solid dosage form manufacturing is desired.
• At least 4 years direct experience in quality assurance for pharmaceutical operations.
• BS/BA in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent
To apply, please send your MS Word resume along with salary requirements to:
An equal opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference BioTechPharmJobs.com when responding.