Red River Pharma LLC: Quality Control Analyst I, Shreveport, LA
Supports the organization’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect personalization, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
The Quality Control Analyst I is a vital position in the Quality systems approach. The QC Analyst I will be responsible for chemical evaluation and testing of final product, intermediate products, stability samples and raw materials. Will assure ship schedules and contract testing requirements are met.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform all chemical evaluation and testing of final product, intermediate products, stability samples and raw materials.
• Performing QC assays.
• Maintenance and calibration of all laboratory equipment.
• Preparation of solutions and solvents as needed.
• Responsible for monitoring and maintaining reagents needed for testing requirements.
• Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• 0-3 years Pharmaceutical experience or related field.
• BS degree in chemistry or a related field.
• Has knowledge of commonly used practices and procedures within a particular field.
• Computer skills proficient in use of e-mail, Access, Word, and Excel.
• Experienced in the use of High Performance Liquid Chromatographs (HPLC), UV, Dissolution apparatus, IR, GC, wet chemistry, as well as microbiological testing are desirable.
• Willing to learn and adapt to a changing environment, which may include new job assignments or special projects.
• Oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and superior organizational abilities.
• Ability to take initiative, to maintain confidentiality, to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment is essential.
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the organization’s services (may include: visitors, patients, employees, or others).
Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the production facility and lifting of moderately heavy items such as test equipment kits and product cases. Working around moving machines in production facility, and the handling and testing of food grade chemicals. Other physical demands include climbing, crouching, and reaching. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Personal Protective Equipment:
• Respirator (Dust) Masks, Lab coats, gloves, sleeve protectors, steel toe shoes, etc.
Work performed in an laboratory/office environment which involves moderate risks or discomforts that will require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving machines in production facilities, handling and testing of food grade chemicals as well as hazardous materials (reagents used in the laboratory). The work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested in joining a team of professionals who are making a difference in the health of others, please contact Red River Pharma. Red River Pharma LLC offers a competitive compensation package and the satisfaction of belonging to a dynamic and vibrant health sciences organization.
For consideration, please mail/fax your resume indicating position of interest, to:
Red River Pharma LLC
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 3723
Shreveport, LA 71133
An equal opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference BioTechPharmJobs.com when responding.