Ricerca Biosciences: Automation Engineer, Bothell, WA
Job Title: Automation Engineer
Location: Bothell, WA
Company: Ricerca Biosciences LLC
Customers count on Ricerca to help them bring much-needed new drugs to market - and to increase their speed, precision and productivity along the way. Ricerca Biosciences applies advanced scientific and technological expertise to the drug discovery and development process. We are looking for an Automation Engineer reporting to the Senior Manager of Operations.
• Responsible for the use and performance of the automated systems in order to execute large and small-scale R&D or client projects along with responsibilities for assay workflow testing, validation and implementation
• Works closely with laboratory personnel to accomplish project objectives
• Participates as a member of project teams to design new processes, or to evaluate new technologies
• Run established assays on the automation systems and/or assist end-users running established assays
• Integrate new equipment
• Develop, validate and implement new automation protocols
• Communicate with lab staff and scientists, in order to understand the needs and requirements of the scientific teams
• Maintain and troubleshoot automation equipment, including routine maintenance and periodic quality control testing
• Perform a variety of support functions
• Enter information into logs of equipment utilization, maintenance or errors, track reagent use and supply, maintain files on suppliers, writing SOPs and protocols, etc.
• Participate in project groups developing and/or evaluating new technologies and processes
• 2+ years industry experience in lab automation
• B.S. in biological science, engineering, or related field
• Hands-on experience with articulated robotic arms, liquid handling workstations, liquid dispensers, plate washers, plate readers, incubators, and automation scheduling software
• Experience with in vitro and cell-based assay techniques
• Computer programming experience a plus V11 experience a plus
To apply, please apply online to:
An equal opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference BioTechPharmJobs.com when responding.
CategoriesBioTech Pharma Jobs